Saturday 22 June 2013

Let's travel - Makeup essentials

Hello everyone,

So when I am on holiday I try not to wear that much makeup at night but when I do these are my top 5 essentials  I have tried to choose a High end and drugstore alternative.

BB cream/Tinted moisturizer


On holiday I hate to wear foundation so my other option is a tinted moisturizer or BB cream and here are two of my favorites, For the high end I have the Nars pure radiant tinted moisturizer (Terre-Neuve) and for the Drugstore I have the Maybelline Dream pure BB for oily skin (Light). I love these so much they give you a flawless base and they cover quite a lot of a light to medium coverage, you can sheer them out and build them up.

Nars pure radiant tinted moisturizer 

Maybelline Dream pure BB for oily skin




Highlighters 



When I think of Holiday makeup I always think of glowing and healthy skin, and highlighters are the way to achieve this, I have a drugstore alternative but that is with the bronzer, I love the Nars multiple in Copacabana because it is very suttle and still gives you a glowing look, then I also love the Bobbi Brown shimmer brick in Pink quartz, because you can layer this on top of a blusher for a very dramatic glowing look and they are both very different and stunning.

Nars multiple in Copacabana

Bobbi Brown shimmer brick in Pink quartz


Bronzers 


On holiday you will always change colour on your body, but never your face (For me anyway) so bronzers are perfect because you can then look normal and have your face and body matching, but you can also achieve that sun kissed glowing look. And for my high end option I have the Nars Laguna bronzer, this has very slight shimmer so you can also apply this on your cheeks as a bronzed looking blush, then my drugstore alternative is the Sleek face contour kit (Light), this is Matte so you can achieve a great contour with this and this is also my drugstore highlighter.

Nars Laguna bronzer

Sleek face contour kit (Light)

Blusher 



I love wearing blusher on Holiday and these are my two favourite, for my high end option I have Nars orgasm blusher, I love this it is a very stuttle pink blush with gold shimmer and it looks amazing on holiday. Then for my drugstore/Cheaper option I have the Topshop cream blush in Head over heels, I love this because it makes your skin look so dewy and flawless, I think everyone needs a cream and powder blusher on holiday and these are amazing choices.

Nars orgasm

Topshop cream blush in Head over heels


Lipstick


I am more of a lipstick kind of girl on holiday, I'm not a big fan of Lipgloss. For my high end option I have the Mac lipstick in Pink pearl pop, this is a stunning bright everyday wearable pink shade, this is  a cream sheen this means it is quite sheer and creamy. Then a great drugstore alternative/Dupe is the Revlon lip butter in Sweet tart, this is just like the Mac lipstick it's creamy and sheer.

Mac lipstick in Pink pearl pop

Revlon lip butter in Sweet tart





Thank you
Shelby'xo

2 comments :

  1. AWESOME post! I just found your blog and love it! new follower :) I really want to try the new maybelline BB cream!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spent a lot of time one it, Glad you like it and I'd really reccomend the new maybelline BB cream if you have oily skin but give it ago its amazing. and I love your blog aswell!

      Shelby xx

      Delete