Wednesday 5 March 2014

Workout Wednesday's// Favourite Exercises

Hello everyone,

I am so sorry I didn't do a Workout Wednesday last week it's because the week before I was Ill, I honestly haven't felt right since! But I am back to normal now and I have my favourite exercises for you today, I am going to be showing you my favourite exercises that I love to do.

*Before you do any exercises you need to warm up! This is a great warm up (click here)

My Favorite exercises:

All these exercises are great ones to do at home and at the gym, the only equipment I use is a yoga mat, you can get these for great prices. Also I use weights but you can use tin cans or sugar, this works great aswell.

Squats: These are my favourite simply because they are very simple and very effective. Squats are great if your trying to get a firm bum and thighs. (perform 2 sets of 15 to 24 repetitions/ reps). 

Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your hands down by your sides or stretched out in front for extra balance. Lower yourself by bending your knees until they are nearly at a right angle, with your thighs parallel to the floor. Keep your back straight and don’t let your knees extend over your toes.

Lunges: honestly hate these, but they are very simple to do. These are great for also achieving firm bums and thighs. If your finding these too easy or not that effective them jump into them, for example jump then alternate your legs. (Preform one set of 15 or 24 with each leg)
Stand in a split stance with your right leg forward and left leg back. Slowly bend the knees, lowering into a lunge until both legs are nearly at right angles. Keeping the weight in your heels, push back up to starting position. Keep your back straight and don’t let your knees extend over your toes.
Calf raises: These are very easy to do and they take hardly any time to do! These are great for shaping legs and calves. (Preform two 2 sets of 15)
Stand straight but avoid locking your legs. Slowly move onto your toes lifting your heels off the ground and then slowly lower your heels back down. Place hands on a wall or chair for stability. For more of a challenge, do these calf raises away from the wall and with a weight in each hand, such as two water bottles.
Bridges: Everyone is 100% for a firm and toned bum. Well these bridge are great for firming bums. (Preform 2 sets 15 to 20 reps).
Lie on your back with your knees bent and heels close to your bottom. Your feet should be shoulder-width apart and flat on the floor. Raise your hips up to create a straight line from knees to shoulders. As you come up, tighten your abdominal and buttock muscles. Don’t let your knees point outwards.
Crunches: I hate crunches, but they are great for strong abs also toning them. (Preform 2 sets of 15 or 24)
Lie down on your back, knees bent and hands behind your ears. Keeping your lower back pressed into the floor, raise your shoulder blades no more than 3 inches off the floor and slowly lower down. Don’t tuck your neck into your chest as you rise and don’t use your hands to pull your neck up.
Planks: My personal favourites, they do hurt but fight through it! I love doing all sorts of planks, there are some planks I love which are the ones on your arms and the one where your on your hands (if this makes sense). I hold a plank for one minute. These are great for strength on your arms. A tip for planks is keep your bum down or keep your whole body straight, don't be too far down or up.
Wall sits: I'm not sure if this is what there really called, but it's where you have to rest against a wall, your basically sitting in a imaginable chair. They do hurt but go down as far as you can (I try and hold these for 1 minute.
Mountain Climbers: I love these so much, you do a plank on your hands, but you kick in your legs as fast as you can. If these are too easy for you then go slower but bring your legs to the opposite sides. These are great for strength and toning your abs. 
Bicep curls: This is where your weights come in, all you do it hold your weight with your knuckles facing the floor, the you brings the weights closer to you. Don't go too fast, go slow. (Preform 2/3 sets of 25 or 30).

I hope this is useful!


No comments :

Post a Comment