Wednesday 30 July 2014

Review// Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon

Hello everyone,

Last weekend I brought some more lipsticks, and the were obviously the Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayons. Because I had brought three more, I feel now I have enough to do a review, with swatches. 


(Left to right) 
- 06 Plum Russian, 03 Orange Punch, 04 Peach On The Beach, 01 Read Sunrise 

The Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayons retail for £7.99 each. I brought mine in Boots because they had a 3 for 2 with a free pair of sunglasses. I am a massive fan of the Lip Crayons, we have seen loads from everywhere, Rimmel, Soap and Glory, Bourjois and many more. 

The shade range isn't massive they only have 6 colours, they cover every bright lip colour options apart from the nudes, these are more brighter options.

These claim to leave a radiant veil of colour on the lips with just enough shine and moisture to enhance each shade. They also say to leave comfort and hydration for 10 hours, plus it has SPF 15 and a waterproof colour.


(Up and Down and Left to right) 
- 06 Plum Russian, 03 Orange Punch, 04 Peach On The Beach, 01 Read Sunrise 

I love these, they are really easy to apply on the go and they look amazing every time. I wouldn't say they last for 10 hours of hydration , but they last more than a lipstick. I am not too sure about the waterproof but I could imagine the colour stains but fades away. 

These aren't highly pigmented but they aren't really sheer, but bearing in mind these are lip crayons. As you can tell from the swatches the two darker colours Plum Russian and Red Sunrise are the more pigmented of the bunch.

The packaging is very nice, they look very sleek and they look much nicer than other brands. I love the colour on the actual lipsticks it's self, this is much easier to find in your makeup bag or collection. My only 'bug bare' about the lipstick, is that I wish the actual name was on the body of the lipsticks, the label makes it look cheaper. 

The comfort of these lipsticks is amazing, they feel like a lip balm, and they are just perfect lip products. 

06 Plum Russian - Deep redish purple
03 Orange Punch - Orange with a hit of red
04 Peach On The Beach - Pinky orange/coral
01 Red Sunrise - Summery red raspberry

These are non sticky lip sticks that look glossy and feel lovely on the lips.

Overall//

Price - I would say is good enough from drugstore, and the quality. - 4/5

Colours/Shade range - They need to bring out ore nudes, but the bright colours at the moment are great. - 4/5

Pigmentation - Some colours are much better than others but they are build able. - 5/5

Packaging - Apart from the label it looks very nice and sleek. - 4.5/5

Overall rating -> 4.5/5

Have you tried these? I think you should! What did you think? Comment below.










No comments :

Post a Comment