Monday 4 April 2016

Finding your true friends

Hello everyone,

As I said in my April goals, I want to start getting into doing more advice posts for you as they are my favourite to do. Today I am bringing to you one about friendships, I have done a making friends posts here, but today I am talking about finding your true friends and what you should be looking for in a good friend.


The main thing when it comes to friends is that you shouldn't have to try hard to talk to anyone, especially your friends. You shouldn't have to think oh I need to text that person, or that you feel as if you need to text or make an effort. You need to remember the saying that is takes two to tango, and you can't go making all the effort if they aren't, because that's just not fair on anyone.

However, slightly contradicting but you need to let that person in so they don't feel like they are being left out or just not included, if you are wondering why they haven't bothered with you, well have you bothered to let them in?

If your questioning wether someone if being a good friend, you need to actually sit down and think what am I looking for in a good friend? Is it honesty, trust you need to think about this, and compare your list to the person in question. If they don't fit what you have wrote, then maybe you need to question your friendship with them.

I am the type of person that doesn't hold back, so if I was questioning if someone was my friend then I would honestly and calmly talk to them about how I am feeling, the worst thing is keeping everything in. If you think you've done something wrong, ask them! If they are being funny towards you, then this isn't really the sign of a good friend they should feel comfortable to be honest with how they are feeling as well, without anything having to build up over time.

Also just remember that if they were your true friend, they would be there for you throughout anything and everything, you shouldn't have to ask for a shoulder to cry on, or someone to talk to. If your going through a tough time, your true friends will be there by your side, asking if you okay and how your feeling, if this person in question isn't by your side then they aren't a good friend.

To find the friends that matter I have always said that I would rather have a couple good friends, rather than a bunch of "friends" that don't care. You need to start to venture out to place where your going to meet new people, such as starting a job or moving somewhere different for school such as when I went to college. Also joining some clubs, or just talk to some people in your class or school, their is nothing to lose!


No comments :

Post a Comment