Thursday 28 July 2016

Friends & Friendships

Hello everyone,

I wanted to talk to you about friends and friendships, I have done a lot of these types of posts before but this is going to be able everything about friendships, as well as some problems I have came across regarding friends, and some things I have learnt from my 17 years.




A lot of people say that you will realise your true friends once you leave secondary school/high school, and I back this statement 100% the reason why this is the true test is because you all go your separate ways! I have always been told that along the way it's always best to have a few friends that you can trust, over a whole bunch of "friends".

Going my own separate way and going to college forced me to make friends, because I was somewhere new on my own. At college I have meet some people that are going to be my best friends for my whole life, we are so in sync and just bounce off each other so well.

I can honestly say that the best way to make friends it to put yourself out there, and do things outside your comfort zone! I can hand on heart say the best way to make friends is to get a job! I have had two jobs and with them I have again meet some amazing people, and some that will be in my life for a very very long time! 

The struggles I have come across...

Everyone has rough patches with friends but true friends will always forgive and forget within seconds, because at the end of the day nothing comes between a true friendship and nothing can break that bond.

However at my age I have realised at I have gotten older one thing that should never come between you and a friend, is boys and relationships! I know a few people that have dropped majority of contact between their friends for the sake of a boy and having a relationship. Nothing is worth losing a friend over, because at the end of the day you will never realise how important they are until you don't have them!

Friendships are like relationships, communication is key but at the end of the day it takes two to tango. If your making the effort and getting nothing back, then it's not worth the energy and time. If you loose someone over something silly then maybe they weren't a true friend in the first place?

Something I have realised about friendships is that it's okay for friends to have different groups of friendships, but their should be a balance between the amount of time you spend with each group. At the end of the day their is nothing wrong with merging your friends together! You should always have a balance between friend and never leave someone out.

What have you learnt through a range of friendships?


No comments :

Post a Comment