Saturday 22 October 2016

What 2016 Has Taught Me So far

I have been absent from my blog lately as I've had other commitments and just things that are taking over from my blog at the moment. But some things should start calming down soon, so then all my attention is back on to college, working and mt blog. I am going to share with you some things that 2016 has taught me so far, I know we are nearly in November but oh well!


1. People change (not necessary for the best) - This is something that has taken a while for me to accept, but 2016 has made me realise that people change, sometimes for the best but that's not always the case. I have realised just truly who my best friends are, and they are the ones that are standing by my side through thick and thin. I am so glad to have learnt who the "toxic" people were in my life, and I can say I am over the moon with my friendship group.

2. Learning to drive will become a chore - Something I have learnt early on in 2016 when learning to drive it was amazing because I was the first of my friends to start learning and it was just out of this work! However, that excitement slowly disappears, driving now is called as a chore in my books every week without a fail 10 on the dot! 

3. Family are everything - Over the past few years I have truly understood the meaning of family and just the support you give each other, however through hard times such as what I have experienced in 2016 it just makes you realise how important they are, and my family mean everything to me. I have learnt never to take them for granted and to make the most of every moment with them. 

4. It's okay not to be okay - This is something that has taken me a while to understand, but this year I have realised that it's fine to have your down days and the days where you don't want to leave your bed or have contact with anyone, and that's all fine! We are all entitled to our down days and the days where we aren't feeling ourselves and on our best form.

5. I am so lucky - I have always known how lucky I am but throughout certain situations, it makes me realise just how lucky I am to have the friends, family and experiences I have. It's like that saying where you never know what you've got till you've lost it, and since being on the verge of losing some things it has made me much happier and so thankful. 



6. Take my time - I am that person that is constantly trying to do everything and anything at once, but I have learnt to take my time and to take things in a lot more. 

7. Never give up! - We have all been in them situations where we say things in the moment such as 'I'm giving up!', well, I have been in a few of these and I have learnt that I should never give up and it doesn't matter how long something is going to take and that you're eventually going to get there!

8. I enjoy working - In 2016 I got my first job and the job I am in now is something I enjoy, who would have thought it me enjoying working! I love earning myself my own money and being responsible for something. I have met so many people and it's some great experience. I have done multiple posts about working, check this one out! 

9. Get excited about the future - I am one of those people that plan my future, and I know exactly what I want to do in 1, 5 and 10 years time. However this year I have learnt that getting excited about my future and planning is the best thing, I am so excited for next year especially with starting this university application process. 

10. Life goes on - A harsh but true reality! At the time it may seem as if this is the end of time and you can't move on, however, you need to pick yourself up and put a smile back on your face because shit happens and life goes on!

Shelby x 
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments :

Post a Comment