Friday 2 December 2016

The Christmas Tag

For someone that said she isn't doing blogmas I'm doing alright if I do say so myself. I am trying my hardest to switch this all up from last year so I don't have any "similar" blog posts etc. I had discovered I have not done the Christmas tag yet and thought this would be a good starting point.



1. What is your favourite Christmas film? - There are so many Christmas films but I am going to have to say the cult ones; Love Actually, The Grinch and Elf! They are feel good films that just put you in the mood for the festive period.


2. Have you ever had a white Christmas? - Oh gosh, I really can't remember! I would like to hope that I have but not from what I can remember. If we have then it only would have been slight bits of snow, but not what I would class a white Christmas as!

3. Where do you usually spend your holiday? - I have always spent it at home, with family. I have never been away for Christmas but love having it at home surrounded by the nearest and dearest.

4. What is your favourite Christmas song? - I have too many, my top one may have to be Shakin' Stevens Merry Christmas Everyone! I may have to do a blog post talking about my top ones.

5. Do you open presents on Christmas Eve? - Since Christmas Eve is my birthday we don't.

6. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? - We all try and test each other on this but let me have a go... Rudolph, Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Comet, Blitzen, Donna, Vixen is that it? Just googled it and I forgot cupid!

7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to the most this year? - Oo I feel as if we don't have "traditions", but Christmas Eve we have all family over for my birthday, then Christmas we open our presents, get ready then have Christmas dinner then after we all have buffet food, desserts and plan fun games etc.

8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake? - We have always had a fake tree because having a real one just wouldn't have gone down well with the pets! But since we lost them we have just stuck with a fake one; their easy and theirs no hassle getting a new one every year.

9. What is your all time favourite holiday food/sweet treat? - Well for actual food gammon, Yorkshire puddings and pigs in blankets. Then for sweet treats, I love cheesecake, Profiteroles etc.

10. Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better? - I love giving gifts if I know what people want, otherwise, it's a nightmare! I never know what go get people as my family are so indecisive! But then who doesn't love unwrapping a present that they love and have always been lusting over?

11. What is the best Christmas gift you've received? - There has been soo many! I am very lucky with my birthday and Christmas! But I remember when I got my first laptop I was crying for hours I was so happy. But then with my first Michael Kors watch too, I really wasn't expecting it after leaving millions of hints to my parents every day.

12. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season? - Definitely New York or Lapland!

13. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably? - I would class myself as an intermediate! Some shapes I just can't deal with, but my mum is the real pro of the family!

14. Most memorable holiday moment? - When we are decorating for Christmas my mum and I always make a night of it! We are blasting out the Christmas tunes and Baileys is a must with it as well. It seems our tradition every year now.

15. What made you realise the truth about Santa? - Well, I would like to think I found out Santa was real from my intelligence! When I was unwrapping my presents, I found my stocking and said "Mum, Santa has the same wrapping paper as us?" then the next thing I said was "Mum, Santa has similar handwriting to you as well?" and at that point, my parents thought that I deserved to know the truth.

16. Do you make new years resolutions? - Do you stick to them? - I always try and make them, and I always end up doing a blog post about it! I tend to not stick to some of them and it's a phase, but this year looking back I think I have stuck to all of them? I will have a reflections post coming soon.

17. What makes the holidays special for you? - I just love the fact that I get to spend time with all my family, it's a time that really makes you appreciate how lucky and thankful I am to have such a strong family bond. I love that everyone is always so much happuer as well, it puts you in a good mood! Also the food, need I say more?

Shelby x 
SaveSave

No comments :

Post a Comment