Saturday 1 February 2014

Lip Crayons - Review and Comparisons


Hello everyone,

I have been wanting to do this post for a while now, but I couldn't find one of the products (Typical). But I am happy to say this is going to be a review and comparison on the lip crayons. I have quite a few but all drugstore.

Also check out my Workout Wednesday Post, they are every Wednesday. Click here

Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Puckers 
(Left to right) Nudest, Fuchsiaristic and Plum Jam

Swatches - Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Puckers gloss sticks
(Left to right) Nudest, Fuchsiaristic and Plum Jam


I love Soap and Glory and ever since I heard Fleurdeforce do a video talking about these I had to get them. Luckily this Christmas I received the Loved and Glossed set containing 3 of these. Nudest is a your lips but better nude, I love this for everyday and this has a shine on the lips. Fuchsiaristic is a darker your lips but better berry pink, this is one of my favourites. Then Plum Jam is a berry shimmery/shiny colour. 

I love the Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss sticks, because there formulation is kind of sticky but they last quite a bit of time when eating and drinking. These cost £8 which I think is a good price mark for something from the drugstore, these are amazing and I love the packaging they remind me of Illamasqua with the black shiny packaging. (Overall rate// 9/10)

(Left to Right) Irreplaceable, Justify, Crazy in love

MUA Power Pout Colour intense Tint and Balm
(Left to Right) Irreplaceable, Justify, Crazy in love

These are the MUA Power pout version of the Lip Crayons, These are one of the favourites! I think MUA are very under rated, I have to admit when in Superdrug I used to think not for me. But I was browsing there website randomly to see what they have came out with. And I saw these I am a massive sucker for Lip Crayons.

These are only (Inbrace yourselves).... £3, I love these because they are really pigmented for a lip crayon, which is meant to be a tint and blam. These are one of the most pigmented ones. I think the formulation with all of lip crayons are the same they kind of wear away, but these is a tad drying but it's fine with a lip balm underneath. The colours are Irreplaceable which is a mid tone pink, not a barbie pink but not a baby pink either, Justify is a coral/pink berry and Crazy in Love is a dark berry. I love that I have stepped out of my comfort zone and I think you should try these, there so worth it. (Overall rate// 10/10)

Revlon - 010 Darling and Bourjois - 04 Peach on the beach

(Left to Right) Revlon Just bitten kissable balm stain and Bourjois Colour Boost gloss finish lip stick. 
Revlon - 010 Darling and Bourjois - 04 Peach on the beach

Revlon balm stain is a love hate with me, these where one of the first to come out on the drugstore, and they aren't amazing, the colour selection is either it's going to suite you or not. I find this colour isn't one to really show up on me, and the colour is a bit wierd, because in some places it looks darker in spots. But Revlon have just came out with the Colourburts Matte balms and the Colourburst Laquer balm. Which I want to try out. But the balm stain isn't amazing and it's £7.99 and because of this I would rather reccomend the MUA Power pout. (Overall rate// 3/10)

On the other hand Bourjois and hit the nail on the head with there Colour Boost gloss sticks, these are amazing I wish I had more colours these are amazing and the pigmentation is like the MUA ones amazing. I love that these are more glossy then sticky but don't last really long. Also these are also £7.99 and these are 99.9% much better than the Revlon Balm stain. (Overall rate// 10/10)

Have you tried any Lip Crayons you like, Have you tried any of these? Comment Below












No comments :

Post a Comment