Monday 17 July 2017

My Thoughts & Feelings About University

University is becoming a lot more realistic and becoming more real as every day goes by, it's  53 days until I leave to start a new chapter in my life. I want to document everything about this journey, as I have been doing already and this includes my thoughts and everything that is running through my head, here are some of them!



Since leaving college this has become more of a reality of me leaving, the first thing that keeps popping into my head is shit, I am really doing this! University has always been a aspiration and goal for me, so for this to be right round the corner; it doesn't seem possible.

Trying to find the perfect grey throw and towels is constantly on my mind, trying to match every grey thing I have bought to this one throw. No joke it's turning into 50 shades of grey! I have been so excited about planning my room, the decor bits and the theme I am going for. I should have a haul coming up soon of little things I have been buying, and my vision for my room etc.

If I think about having to leave my friends I start crying. I see my friends every single day, so the thought of having to go weeks at a time without seeing them truly breaks my heart.

I am so excited to start university, I have been doing a lot of research on youtube and 'How to get organised at university' and 'Tips for people starting university', I feel as if after watching all of them I'm ready to pack up and leave tomorrow.

Having to do my own food shop actually excites me so much, taking a stroll round a supermarket and buying any food I fancy eating that week just sounds the dream! It's the little things that excite me you see!

I'm constantly going through the list on my phone of everything I still need to buy about 10 times a day! I am stressing about how to organise my makeup, where do I keep everything?, am I forgetting anything? Trust me you name it, I've thought about it.

I've never had to go through a move before, I have always lived in the same house for as long as I can remember! So as an 18-year-old, who owns lots of rubbish, naturally I am stressing about what pyjamas do I take, how much underwear should I take! These are the things no one has warned me about.

I have spoken to a lot of people who are on my course and who I am living with, and I am so excited to meet everyone! It's hard because you're having to judge everyone by their profile pictures, and the small conversations we have but they all look lovely. One of the big things I was worried about was the people I was living with, but everyone is getting along and were all on the same wave length!

I feel like an adult already! Having to sign different forms, applying for certain things has made me feeling like I have so much responsibility already. Just a few days ago, I was sat using my free time comparing different student bank accounts, a number of things I am having to think of already are crazy!

I am not the only one going insane! I have spoken to a few people who are also off to university in September and it's a relief to know I'm not the only one worrying about how many extension leads I need, and where I can store my clothes dryer!

On a more serious note though, I am getting so excited about university! I am so glad that I have decided to document all part of my journey already on my blog because looking back already on my thoughts about a university, courses and where to study has opened my eyes already! It's so nice to look back and see what's changed, but I am so proud of myself finishing college with such a high grade, getting into my first choice university and taking on this responsibility *pats myself on the back*.

Shelby x 

No comments :

Post a Comment