Sunday 24 August 2014

Drugstore makeup - Back to school

Hello everyone,

I have another back to school post for you, and I have to apologies for two of them being one after another. But anyways I am going to show you my drugstore makeup for going to school, I have the basics and add on's aswell. I am also going to do a high end version aswell.


The Basics//

Foundation - My choice of foundation is the Bourjois Healthy Mix serum, I have the shade 51. This is perfect for a light-medium coverage that is kind of dewy but I have combination skin and it looks really nice, I apply this with a Real Techniques Complexion Sponge for a light coverage or the Buffing Brush for a more medium/flawless coverage. (£10.99 - Link)

Blush - I love blush and I always wear it, but for school to stick to the natural side of things I go for a cream blush. I have been loving the Max Factor Cream Blush in Soft Pink. Perfect to apply if your in a rush and always looks natural when blended. I tend to use my fingers for this and dab in with the my foundation brush I am using that day. (£6.99 - Link)

Highlighting Concealer - When I am wearing concealer I try and keep this as minimal as I can. I tend to go for a highlighting one and try to use this only under my eyes. I use the Garnier Roll on concealer, I try and go without using concealer on redness/blemishes. If I feel I need to be more highlighted I will use this on the cupids bow if I need to. I use a Real Techniques Contour brush to blend this in. (£9.99 - Link)

Long lasting lip stick/cream - When I am at school I don't really top up my lip product because their isn't enough time, I try and use a long lasting lip stick/cream like the Sleek Matte Me in Petal. I love the colour I would say this is a pink with slight purple undertones. (£4.99 - Link)

Mascara - Mascara completes any look, and I feel lost without it on during the day. I have been using the Max Factor False Lash Effect in Black Brown for my drugstore mascara, this i waterproof and is a pain to get off, but I love the colour, the length and the definition it gives my lashes. (£10.99 - Link)


Add on's//

Lip Liner - Some may disagree about wearing lip liner to school, but if you want to make something stay on longer without topping it up this is your best bet. I have the Sleek Eau La La Liner in Red Sky Night. This is a perfect match for the lip cream I talked about above, very easy to apply either to line the lips or all over for more colour. (£4.99 - Link)

Eye Brow pencil - Eye brows are so important to me and I love filling them in. The only pencil I have found which is decent is the Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil. Very easy to use for beginners and it's great that it has a comb, perfect for your makeup bag. (£2.69 On sale - Link)

White Pencil Eyeliner - I love white eyeliner it's perfect for the waterline this makes you look instantly more awake, I would also use this as a inner corner highlight aswell as a brow bone highlight. This is the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk, this is the perfect sizer for your makeup bag and so easy to use. (£5.00 - Link)

Liquid Eyeliner - Eyeliner isn't the best if you have no time in the mornings, but it does make a big difference. This is the Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeliner in Black. This is great for defining your eyes slightly for school, also makes your lashes appear fuller. (£5.49 - Link)

I will have a high end one coming soon! Also maybe a Ikea Haul tomorrow. What are your school drugstore makeup favouirtes? Comment below








No comments :

Post a Comment