Sunday 28 December 2014

My favourites of 2014!

Hello everyone,

I can't quite believe that we are coming to the end of 2014, this year has gone so quick and because it's coming to the end this means a favourites of 2014 post! 


My favourites -


Makeup -

My first makeup favourite of 2014, has to be the Benefit Gimme Brow, this is a wonderful product that fills in, defines and cares of your brows! This looks so natural and only takes a few seconds to transform your brows. This can be used on it's own or over over products to set them in place.

Onto a lipstick, this is Mac's Lipstick in Creme cup, this is a great everyday lipstick and I have got a lot of use out of it since I brought it in August. It's a pigmented baby/nude pink, this is very creamy hence it being a cremesheen.

I think I found one of my favourite foundations through out this year, and it's the Bourjois 123 perfect, this is a correcting foundation with three pigments, yellow for anti-dark circles, mauve for anti-dull complexion and green for anti-redness. This is a great drugstore foundation, because it looks natural and helps to prefect any imperfections.

A powder that has had a lot of hype this year, is the Soap and glory one heck of a blot. This is a translucent and fine powder to help mattify your skin, what I love about this the most is that it doesn't add any colour to your skin, and doesn't make you look orange or even too pale, because one colour fits all.

The Nuxe Reve De Miel lip balm is great, it's a perfect all rounder, perfect for under lip products, perfect for dry and cracked lips but also it excels for hydrating your lips. This is one of the best lip balms I have tried, and I love this for every day.

Moving back onto Bourjois, I brought quite a lot of their Colour Boost glossy finish lip sticks. And long story short I have fallen in love with the two colours Orange punch (03) and Plum Russian (06), they are very glossy and look lovely on the lips, because they are a glossy lipstick they don't stay on the lips that well, but they are so easy to re apply that I don't mind topping them up.

Their is one mascara that I love, and that I will love for a long time, this is Benefit's They're real. A great mascara for getting length, but holding a curl and giving great volume!

Another lip product, this time from Sleek, this is their Matte Me lip creme in the colour Petal (435). This is a very pigment matte pink which is more of a baby pink. This looks matte and beautiful on the lips, and has great staying power.

Another lip product I love which is the Lush Santa's lip scrub, this is a paste scrub which work miracles at keeping your lips looks good, and is great at the dry and cracked areas on your lips. This is limited edition for Christmas, but all the other lip scrubs are just as good,

The HD Brows eye brown and eye shadow palette is great for travelling. It has a lot of neutral matte colours perfect for a every day eye look, but you can also use the colour to define your brows. It does a good job at filling in your brows, and then if you use the Benefit Gimme Brow on top, your brow game is very strong!

Lastly is a makeup product that is a stand out of 2014, or my ultimate product of this year! This is the Benefit Brow Zings brow shaping kit. This comes with a powder to fill in your brows, a wax to set everything, a hard angle brush to use with the powder, a blending brush to use with the wax and a mini pair of tweezers for any star hairs. This is in my eye a brow changing product.

Hair -

I have liked using the Toni & Guy sea salt spray for a few years now, but through out this year I have been using it more and in different ways. This gives great texture, and beach waves. One way I like using it is to spray it in the mid lengths of my hair, throw my hair in a bun on my head, then take out when finished getting ready. Or even curling my hair, then applying this in after to make the curls more rough and and beachy.

Something more recent, this is the COLAB dry shampoo in the scent New York, this is much better than Batiste dry shampoo. This one adds more body, volume and doesn't dry out your hair, it smells amazing and is by far the best one I have tried.

Scent -

A perfume I have recently brought is the Philosophy celebrate grace fragrance, this is a hard one to describe but smells fresh and fruity, but with a slight hint of floral. A great scent for everyday and one to throw on.

Onto a body spray, this is the Victoria's Secret Endless Love body mist. This smells like Herbal Essences shampoo, and is very fruity. It is meant to smell like apple blossom and ylang ylang.

Skincare -

This year I have fallen in love with one skin care brand, which is Ren! I brought one of their sets a few months ago and haven't looked back since. The Hot Cloth Cleanser is perfect for a mini pamper session every night when taking my makeup off, it feels amazing and takes off your makeup like no other.

Another Ren product is the Daily Supplement moisturising cream. This is my day time moisturiser, it hydrates and doesn't dry out. A little bit goes a long way but also it sits nicely under makeup.

Onto a skin care item I have mentioned loads of times, this is the Palmers Cocoa Butter, and my saving grace. Perfect for any thing, for hydrating dry areas from hands to face, or even using as a after sun.

Jewellery/Fashion -

I got given a Michael Kors bracelet when my dad and step mum went to America. I have loved it since the day I got it, it is a leather wrap bracelet with the MK in the centre, this is gold and is perfect with my Michael Kors pieces. 

They are my products of 2014! Have you tried any, also I want to know what are your products of 2014? Comment below


No comments :

Post a Comment