Thursday 13 August 2015

High End Makeup Routine - School

Hello everyone,

I have a back to school post for you this is my high end makeup routine, I know not everyone can afford Chanel etc, but their are some people who do buy high end makeup at my age, and I thought this could help everyone who is interested in buying high end makeup in general just now for school. For school you don't want loads of makeup on so this routine is natural, but you can switch products out to your liking.


Foundation - I always use a foundation to school which is going to last but as well as looking good all day but something that is going to keep oil at bag etc. The Mac Studio Fix Fluid is that high end foundation for me, this looks natural and ticks everything off on my list. If this foundation is too heavy for you, you can mix it with a moisturiser as well as using a duo fibre brush/ makeup sponge to sheer it out.

Concealer - We all know that you hardly get sleep during school, so concealer is essential! The Mac studio finish concealer is a god send, I apple this with a flat concealer brush from Bare minerals, this gives a lovely natural finish but medium to full coverage look, this is great for under the eyes and on blemishes and stays for ages without creasing!

Powder - My favourite high end powder by far is the Mac mineralise skin finish natural, this is a lovely powder that is finely milled, gives a lovely natural finish to the skin as well as giving a lovely light to medium coverage.

Bronzer - My favoruite bronzer of all time is Benefit Hoola, I have fair skin (NC 15 from Mac), and this isn't too orange this is the perfect shade especially for contouring, this looks beautiful bronzing up the skin or giving your cheekbones, my holy grail item and looks very natural with a light hand for school.

Blush - For school cream blush is the way to go, it is more natural then powder and gives a lovely flush to your cheeks. The chanel blush stick No21 is my favourite at the moment, it's a light pinky coral and looks beautiful and gives a natural finish perfect for school.

Highlight - Highlighter is my favourite especially for school because it makes you look more awake. One of my favourite is Benefit Watt's Up, a golden highlighter is perfect for summer as well as school, it's very natural and lovely with the Chanel blush. I would highly recommend a cream highlighter for school because it's very natural and not as harsh as powders can be.

Eyebrows - I mentioned this in my favourite brow products post (link, the Benefit Gimme Brow is wonderful for natural days as it fills in as well as gives some definition, great when your in a rush and especially for school as it looks as if you have no product on your brows.

Eye shadow - Everyone is very different when it comes to eye shadows but my favourite natural and quick eye look is, the Mac paint pot in Let's Skate all over the eye, this is a very pretty light pink which is almost clear with hints of sparkle, this opens up the eye giving you lovely natural eyes, if you want something in the crease Mac's Wedge goes perfectly, because this is matte it's more natural and gives a perfect amount of depth to the eye.

Mascara - I totally forgot about mascara! My high end favourite is Benefit They're real, this gives length mostly as well as volume! A great mascara which makes your lashes long and wonderful, but it still looks natural.

Lipstick - Lastly is lips, I have two options here, for Lipstick I love Mac Faux, this is a wonderful nude with a light pink wash, this suits everyone, this looks so natural and perfect for a school day, this has good staying power but would have to be reapplied throughout the day. If you want something more sheer the Clinique Chubby stick in chunky cherry is a lovely light pink/coral with red undertones, this is natural you can sheer it out more by using a dabbing motion.

That is my high end back to school makeup routine!


1 comment :