Friday 7 August 2015

School Makeup - Drugstore

Hello everyone,

I have the back to school series starting, I thought I would start by doing the drugstore back to school makeup. I have a lot of products to show you but their are also alternatives as well, you can obviously switch this up to suit your needs and wants but this is basically the products I love. I have also decided I am going to be doing around every other day for the blog posts as of todays post.


Primer - I don't have too many drugstore favourite for the primer category, but one I love is the Bourgeois Happy Light primer for oily to combination skin. This is great for school mornings because it is light for your skin, absorbs quickly but this also makes your skin look like it's glowing giving it this fresh natural look, great to make you look more awake for early mornings.

Base - For my base I chose the L'oreal infallible 24 hour matte foundation, this is a high coverage foundation but you can sheer it out using a stippling brush, fingers or a damp makeup sponge. This is a good product for school because it looks great all day, meaning your not worrying about it all day.

Concealer - Concealer is a life savour for school mornings especially under the eyes! The Maybelline anti age eraser is great for covering dark circle and tired eyes, make you look instantly awake. For a concealer to cover blemishes the Bourjois healthy mix concealer has great coverage for redness and covering blemishes, it's just a tad drying under the eyes.

Powder - One of my favourite powders of all time is the kick Ass translucent powder by Soap and Glory! A beautiful powder for setting foundation and concealer, but keeps your makeup in place all day as well as keeping you from being shiny! This is also a great school bag product because it has no colour so it doesn't look too much over the course of the day, it's got sturdy packaging and a mirror too (Perfect product for school)

Contour/Bronzer - I don't have too many bronzer/contour favouite from the drugstore because I prefer high end at the moment. A great one is the Bourjois Chocolate bronzer, lovely for adding warmth to the face as well as great for contouring! A contour on the drugstore market is the master sculpt my Maybelline which looks lovely, give this a try if you think the Bourjois one may be too orange for you!

Blush - I am loving cream blushes a lot lately! My favourite one from the drugstore is again a Bourjois product, it's the cream blush in the shade 03, this gives you a instant light pink glow to the cheeks, with this I wouldn't use a highlighter as it makes you look glowy already because it has slight shimmer in it.

Eyeshadow/Crayon - I have two different products to show you, first of all for eye shadow I have the Collection eyes uncovered pallet you for in Nude, this is a great alternative to the Urban Decay naked pallets, these are lovely quality shadows for a small amount of money, great shades to do a lot of different looks. If your not too keen on shadows I have a eye shadow crayon for you from Bourjois  called the colour band shadow and liner in the colour 03 Beige minimalist, a very natural gold to sweep over the lids and your done, you can add a crease colour if you feel the need to.

Eye liner - Again I have two different options for you, for a liquid liner I love the Soap and Glory supercar, this is great for everyone pros and beginners at liner! So easy to use and stays for a long time. If you prefer a Kohl liner then the Rimmel scandaleyes liner in Taupe, a more natural option to black, great for the waterline for definition, but isn't too dramatic, this would also look lovely with the eye shadow options I mentioned above on the lash line.

Brows - Another Soap and Glory product I love which is the Brow Archery, this is a great brow pencil which gives you a lot of precision especially from the liner side to fill in the brows adding extra hairs, but the pencil is great for definition.

Mascara - Keeping in natural for a school day, the Max Factor false lash effect in black brown. This mascara is perfect for volume and length, I would recommend a black brown mascara because it looks more natural but still giving you lovely full lashes.

Lipstick/Gloss/liner - I have a whole selection for you, to start with a Liner the rimmel liner in Eastend snob is a great nude pink, great for just lining the lips or applying all over. If you want a crayon type product the Soap and Glory sexy mother pucker in nudeist it a great your lips but better colour, would look lovely with the liner. Lastly if your more into a gloss, then the Soap and Glory mighty mouth is a brilliant gloss which is a natural pink, this is also very moisturising.

Sorry some brands were repetitive. I hope you enjoyed!


No comments :

Post a Comment