Thursday 24 March 2016

Top three lipsticks

Hello everyone,

For this weeks post I am coming at you with a beauty post, sharing with you my three top lipsticks! I have covered every price range I would say from drugstore, semi high end and high end! I am starting to get back into the beauty posts slowly, as I have a few more up my sleeve!

(For some reason in the pictures they look much brighter, but the swatches are more true to colour)

Left - right
Sleek Matte Me in Birthday Suit
Bobbi Brown cream lip colour in Rose Petal 7 
Mac Matte lipstick in Velvet Teddy


Top - bottom 
(Sleek matte me in birthday suit, Mac velvet teddy, Bobbi Brown in Rose petal)

Sleek Matte Me in Birthday Suit

This is a matte liquid lipstick and I have to say it's aa very nice one, my friends and I all picked this up in Superdrug during out break and we all are in love with the colour and the formula. The colour is a rose nude beige, the formula is easy to apply with the applicator, but not the neater way applicator. I would say this does last a good amount of time, without feeling too dry but tacky over time it 'disasters' in the centre of the lips, so application is needed throughout the day. This is a very flattering shade and I struggle wether I am going to wear this or Velvet Teddy. I also apply Mac Spice lip liner under neath, which isn't needed but I like the more intense colour. (Price - £4.99, link)

Mac Velvet Teddy:

I haven't had velvet teddy for long, not even a year yet and this is the most I have gone through a lipstick! I was never into nude lipsticks too much, letting no a beige nude. I am going to make a big claim, this is I think the best nude lipstick I have used. This is such a flattering colour, but it's just so easy to wear and goes with everything! This isn't the most drying lipstick i've tried, but it goes on so well and it's my everyday lipstick. (Price - £15.50, link)

Bobbi Brown cream lip colour in Rose petal:

I got this lipstick as part of a box gift set from Bobbi Brown for my birthday, as i've always wanted to try their lipsticks especially! This was the shade that I picked out, as I wanted a your lips but better shade, this is a pink/peach nude which looks very flattering for everyday especially! This is more of a glaze type shade, but it's beautiful on the lips and completes any look you have on. This doesn't last for too long as this is more of a 'shimmer' but it glides on the lips, and one you can put on without a mirror! (Price - £20, link)

No comments :

Post a Comment