Tuesday 21 June 2016

My Favourite Books

Hello everyone,

As I have gotten older I have gotten into reading more, when I was in primary/junior school I hated reading! I remember the only books I loved reading were Diary of a wimpy kid, which is a major throwback. But I have enough books now to share with you what my favourites are.


To begin with do you prefer reading a physical book in your hand, or do you prefer e-readers. I have to say I like both, but depending on the book I prefer having the actual copy of especially if it's more visual.

Love Tanya - Tanya Burr

This was the first book from the youtuber Tanya Burr, the reason why this is one of my favourites, is because she has multiple chapters that range from her childhood all the way to makeup. It's so diverse and is everything I love reading about all in one place, it was so interesting to read more about her life especially behind youtube.

Me Me Me - Charlotte Crosby

If you don't know who Charlotte Crosby is... then where have you been all these years. She's a television personality most famous for being on Geordie Shore. This book was just so nice to hear about her life before and after Geordie Shore, including all the gossip and behind the scenes. I love her as a person and what she has achieved, and this book has made me love her even more.

Juvie - Steve Watkins

This was a book that interested me, I wasn't entirely sure wether it would be for me but it was intriguing. I really enjoyed reading this as it was so different for me, it was such a different story to what I am used to. It felt like an older book for me, but it was one I didn't want to put down. I would defiantly recommend reading this as it has more of a story behind it then you'd think. (Book review here)

The Fault In Our Stars - John Green

Everyone must of read or seen this book by now! I defiantly preferred the book to the film which is unlikely for me to normally say. This was such a good book, the story was so different but it felt so real. I can't recommend this book enough to anyone, I think it's a great read for all ages from teenagers to adults! It is a sad one especially if you've seen the film, but it's one of the best.

Wonder - Raquel J. Palacio

This was a book I was recommend to get from a friend, we all have that one friend that we can rely on for a good book recommendation. Well she didn't let me down, this was something unlike i've read before, it was so interesting but the story was so good behind it. This book changes your emotions after every page, one second your laughing and the next your moved to tears, you know a book is this good when you feel every emotion while reading it. (Book review here)

The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-time - Mark Haddon

I first of all read this book in maybe year 7/8, and I really took a liking to it which was so suprsingly as it was an actual book. I brought this book a few years back when I was going to Turkey, and I think since then I have re read it about 4 times? For me to re read a book more than once is a surprise in its self, letting no 4 times! This was just amazing, I can't explain enough to you how good this book was, it's a brilliant and heart warming book.

The next book I am to finish is Paper Towns by John Green!


No comments :

Post a Comment