Monday 26 September 2016

Being Productive With Work

I am back again! I am sorry I haven’t blogged in a while, but I have been getting back into the routine of waking up at 6.30 most mornings. I thought since I am back at college and back doing assignments I would talk to you about getting assignments done etc.




Organise - This is one thing that will help a lot, I have gotten myself a dairy and I’ve started writing down all my assignments, when they are due and what I have to do. This way when I am ticking them off I can see what I have to do and what is due in when. This can help a lot with my next point…

Prioritise - Using a diary can help when it comes to prioritising the work you have to do, the best way to do this is to start/finish the work that is due in first, and focus on what has the closest deadline, this way you are spending the same amount of time on your work, instead of rushing something the night before its due.

Do it as you get it - As soon as you get one piece of work at least make a start on it, I try and do my work as soon as I get it so nothing builds up on top of me. This way you are more in control of your work, but it allows you to have more time to amend your work, get it checked over by someone or to add to it if you have time. Luckily this is a tip I have been using for years and years now, throughout my school career and it’s never failed to let me down!

Work together - Procrastinating has never helped anyone, however doing work with your friends can really help and stop you procrastinating, in fact, you end up a lot more motivated because you're encouraging each other. My friends and I were working on a powerpoint, so we decided to sit in Nandos for 4 hours working on this. This is a great way of getting yourself out of the house doing your work, but when your equally sharing the tasks then it doesn’t take as long as doing it on your own. The best bit is as well, you all have different strengths and weaknesses do working together can help your understanding of the work.

Work towards some goals -  For me having goals keeps me motivated, especially considering this is my last year at college, my ultimate goal is university. Having a goal for me increases motivation because I have deadlines regarding applications that I have to follow. But it’s something you want to achieve, so you will put that extra effort into it to achieve that goal. 


Ask for help - Asking for help is so important, it’s something that you shouldn’t be scared of doing. A lot of the time when you have a better understanding of what you have to do, you're more likely to enjoy doing the work as you know what you're supposed to be writing. A lot of the time I will ask a teacher just to read over a piece of my work, just to get some feedback to make it the best it can be. 

Shelby x 

No comments :

Post a Comment