Sunday 1 January 2017

Reflection On 2016

Happy New Year!! How have we made it to 2017 already? I have got a post I enjoy doing which is a reflection on the year, followed by 20 questions I found on link





1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year? - I think that passing my driving test has to be the top one, but then their are so many to follow! Such as my university offers etc.



2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened? - I was lucky in the respect of negative things happening during 2016, but learning to drive and working has been challenging! Your know all about my driving experience from this post, but it all didn't come easy for me.

3. What was an unexpected joy this past year? - Having got some of my university offers has been amazing, I wasn't expecting to start getting them at the beginning on this year. But we also welcomed a new member to the family this year, which has been a joy!



4. What was an unexpected obstacle? - When my nan fell ill in the Summer, this was unexpected and wasn't easy what so ever! At some points it was rough wether we would fully recover, but she has and she's doing well; Nothing we can't overcome.

5. Pick three words to describe this past year. - Life chancing, amazing and eye opening.

6. Pick three words a family member would use to describe your year - I am going to say they would describe this year as being breathtaking, magical and deserving.

7. Chose 3 things that happened this past year that made your year? - Barcelona, Passing my driving test and getting offers from universities.


8. What were the best books you read this year? - The best book I read this year was Charlotte Crosby's book Me Me Me. I read this while I was in Barcelona and loved hearing the behind the scenes of every thing.

9. With whom were your most valuable relationships? Definitely between my close family, parents and nan. Also my best friends, they were always their for me and are my most treasured relationships.

10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year? - I feel as if I really grew up, I have a lot of grown up things happen this past year, but I grew up in the sense of friendships and responsibilities as well.


11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally? - I felt as if I really managed to piece together my emotions, if that makes any sense

12. In what way(s) did you grow socially? - I went out a lot more last year, also with me driving I had a lot more freedom and done a lot more with friends etc. Also with me having a job, I have gotten a lot more comfortable in social situations.



13. In what way(s) did you grow physically? - I have lacked the most in this part as I haven't taken the best care of myself, but this is something I want to work on.

14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others? - I put myself out there a lot more this past year, and have built a stronger bond with others.

15. What was the most enjoyable part of your work? - Getting to know more people, and doing things I would't normally do on a day to day basis.

16. What was the most challenging part of your work? - To begin with it was defiantly finding a job, I had been looking a lot previously to me getting my first job. Also actually getting into the swing of working.


17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year? - Toxic relationships, I spent too much time trying to entertain and fix relationships.

18. What was the best way you used your time this past year? - Defiantly having a job, it's the case of having something to do in my spare time and earning money. 

19. What was biggest thing you learned this past year? - That you can't always rely on people, you've got to do this for yourself and by yourself.

20. Create a phrase or statement that describes this past year for you. - Don't get caught up in the moment, and do what makes you happy.

Shelby x 

No comments :

Post a Comment