Friday 29 August 2014

August Favourites 2014

Hello everyone,

I have a monthly favourites post! I haven't done one of these in ages but just haven't felt as if their was a lot to show. But I can't believe we are in September already, this year is going so quick. 



Where do I start...

When I was on the plane going to Turkey I brought a new perfume, which is Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh Delight. This is a very summery scent, I would describe it was a fruity floral, with top notes of Raspberry, Grapefruit and Pear. This is a perfect day scent.

On holiday their was only one blush and bronzer I was using, these are the Benefit Rocakteur and Hoola Boxed Powders, these are just perfect the blush gives you a natural rose gold flush, and Hoola gives you a lovely defined contour but natural, also good for all over bronzing. 

The Sleek Matte Me in Petal, has been my go to lip product ever since I got it. This is the perfect light pink matte lip cream, this stays on for a good time and just look great.

Moving onto brows, I have been starting off using the Anastasia Brow Wiz to fill in my brows before I use my Brow Zings. This just makes your brows looks very defined and lovely. Then to highlight I have been using the Benefit High Brow Glow on the brow bone, one word perfect!

I have had this sample for a few months now but never really used it. This is Benefit's It's Potent eye cream, this is very moisturizing and rich for under the eyes, I use this morning and night and sits lovely under makeup.

On holiday I was wearing eye shadow a lot more, and for this I was using the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette. I have been really liking this for a very natural eye, perfect for everyday. I have been wearing Venus all over the eye, Naked 2 in the crease and Faint in the outer V, also using Venus to highlight. So many options to choose from.

After sun is key when on holiday, and the Hawaiian Tropic After Sun Body Butter is amazing. It's rich and creamy without being too thick not to rub in. But this smells amazing and really hydrates your skin.

I have a great combination here, this is the Mac Studio Fix Fluid Foundation, but to make it a light coverage I have been mixing the Nivea Light Moisturiser Day cream with it. This is just perfect together, very natural and light on the skin. If your wondering I add a decent amount to cover my face of the foundation, then I add a sweetcorn size amount of moisturiser and mix together.

Going back to scents, I have been wearing the Victoria's Secret Endless Love body spray a lot, I love throwing it in my bag and topping up during the day. It just smells amazing, I would definitely reccomend this.

A primer I have been using quite a lot if the Bare Minerals Prime Time face primer, this just makes my skin feel really soft and makes putting my makeup on look nicer and last longer aswell.

You know how much I love the Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula lip balm (Original), it's great makes your lips so smooth and hydrated and it's just amazing, but very cheap aswell.

In Turkey it was very hot, and the Avene Thermal Spring Water was a life savoir! This is a really fine mist that is just amazing for cooling yourself down, I also have the mini one for my handbag, this takes a few seconds to dry but that's it.

I have a hair favourite, this is the Dove Style + Care Serum, you can apply this onto damp or dry hair, and it hydrates your ends a lot. When I was in Turkey I was using this everyday and my hair was very hydrated for a hot climate. This is just very good and you only need a little bit, so it will last you forever.

Food and Drinks//

- Fizzy Watermelon sweets
- Lemon and Sugar Pancakes
- Watermelon
- Chicken and Bacon salads
- Vanilla Milkshakes
- Fanta Icy Lemon

What's happened//

- I went to Turkey
- I had stitches
- I got my GCSE results - A in Business! yayy

August 2014 in pictures -


I saved £100/ All packed for Turkey/ On the plane/
Stitches!/ Five Guys/ Fortune Cookie/ Aidan, Ellie and I in Turkey/

Music//

Taylor Swift - Shake It Off
David Guetta - Lovers Of The Sun
Iggy Azalea ft Rita Ora - Black Widow

Random//

One of my biggest favourites of August was the MTV VMA's! Can I just say how amazing Iggy Azalea and Rita Ora was preforming Black Widow. Also Taylor Swift, her performance of Shake It Off was so good and quite funny. But the biggest stand out for me was Miley Cyrus, she done the nicest thing letting this man collect an award for Miley but also share his story about being homeless, and Miley crying topped it for me.

Also I finished the book The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Nighttime, this is a book by Mark Haddon. I love this book I have read it twice now and I just love it because it's such an easy read. Also I an nearly finished with The Fault In Our Stars by John Green.

What I am looking forward to -

In September their is always a lot of birthdays, and that makes me really excited because one of them is a 60th Birthday Party aswell as a meal. Also I am quite excited to be in my final school year, because after year 11 you can go to a different school to do A level etc. But I am really excited for my birthday in December, because I am getting a Macbook Pro, and I am 16!

Favourite People -

- Iggy Azalea
- Lucy and Lydia - Their youtube channel is amazing (Link)
- Suzie/ Hello October (Blog and Youtube)

That is everything I have been loving for August! What have you been loving? Comment below


No comments :

Post a Comment